Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad & iPhone "An error occurred. Try Again".

Solved!

iPad & iPhone "An error occurred. Try Again".

Hi, 

I am having problems with my iPad & iPhone. Both have iOS 9.3.2, and Spotify app 5.7.0.1055. Since it affects both, I guess it must be an account problem?

I have tried killing the app, cold booting the devices, and no help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Actually forgot to come here and provide the solution I found - may help for some.

My root cause was that I installed an ad-blocker on my internet router, and that was blocking some connections to Spotify.  It was more than just *.spotify.com, so when I changed the DNS Host on my iPad to Google (8.8.8.8) it all worked.

Not sure if it will help others, but that was it for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Any ideas?

same here , ive tried all the fixes i can find but still no joy.

I have same issue on 2 ipads, but not on my android phone, or via desktop.

what's goin on?!!!

I have the the same issue since 1 month. Ridiculous Spotify. No more subscription if you'll not solve the problem in few days!

same issue.  Why do we pay for something that doesn't work?  Subscription about to end, think we will let it go.  So frustrating!!

Marked as solution

Actually forgot to come here and provide the solution I found - may help for some.

My root cause was that I installed an ad-blocker on my internet router, and that was blocking some connections to Spotify.  It was more than just *.spotify.com, so when I changed the DNS Host on my iPad to Google (8.8.8.8) it all worked.

Not sure if it will help others, but that was it for me.

I just had the same thing happen after I added Pi-Hole to my DNS setup (which is a really nice ad-blocker for an entire network). 

Instead of using e.g. 8.8.8.8 I kept Pi-Hole and white-listed www.googletagservices.com. That was enough 🙂

Suggested posts