Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad and iPhone - featue or bug?

Solved!

iPad and iPhone - featue or bug?

My scenario:

I play music on my iPad. Walk out the door insert my earbud into my iPhone. Hit play at the song I want to listen to. My iPad then plays the song i selected on my iPhone. Feature or bug?

Both devices are on the same network, both running latest version of ios and spotify

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My guess is that you're controlling your ipad from your iphone with Spotify Connect- which is a new feature, and is intended more for controlling things like wireless speakers or stereos remotely from other Spotify apps.   But when both your ipad and iphone have the Spotify app open at the same time on the same network, your iphone app, through Spotify connect, will become a remote for the ipad app.   To see if this is what's happening- on your Now Playing screen in the iphone spotify app, click the speaker on the bottom right.  It  should show that you're controlling your ipad through Connect.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

My guess is that you're controlling your ipad from your iphone with Spotify Connect- which is a new feature, and is intended more for controlling things like wireless speakers or stereos remotely from other Spotify apps.   But when both your ipad and iphone have the Spotify app open at the same time on the same network, your iphone app, through Spotify connect, will become a remote for the ipad app.   To see if this is what's happening- on your Now Playing screen in the iphone spotify app, click the speaker on the bottom right.  It  should show that you're controlling your ipad through Connect.

I did think inserting headphones with Spotify open is meant to swap playback automatically to the iPhone though.

Will test tomorrow if I remember!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Interesting @Peter__ - I hadn't come across that before, but the inserting of the earbuds does trigger them to switch which one is playing for me.

Thanks a lot... I got a little smarter

do you know if it is like this.

when my iPad palys music to my bluetooth stereo I can not controll the iPad playback via my iPhone??

Edit:

If my iPad plays music -> I controll it with my iPhone -> connect my iPad to the bluetooth stereo -> it works

Suggested posts