Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad- app crashes when I attempt to turn on Scrobbling

iPad- app crashes when I attempt to turn on Scrobbling

I just finished clearing Safari's cookies/history, deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app, signed into my premium account and then just as I swipe the slider to engage scrobbling, the app momentarily freezes and then crashes.

My iPad 2's iOS is up to date and this has always been a problem. Spotify works great on my desktop, laptop and iPhone but the iPad app crashes every time I try to turn on scrobbling.

a web search and search on this forum hasn't turned up any answers but I can't be the only one experiencing this.
11 Replies

@_seph Thats ironic, I'm using an iPad as well and the scrobble works totally fine. Can you try to make sure whether you are using the right last.fm account? with the proper username and password?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

thanks for the response, but my Last.FM account details are correct and the scrobbling via Spotify works just fine on my two computers and iPhone4S (although its wi-fi just stopped working but that's another matter and the reason why I'm now trying to get my iPad's Spotify to finally work as it should)

it isn't that it's not scrobbling, it is that it cannot.

to be specific about what's happening... when in the Spotify app, under the options and the Social setting, there is the slider to enable scrobbling. as soon as I swipe it to turn it on, the app hangs for a second and then immediately crashes.

everything is up to date and neither reinstalling the app nor rebooting the device has had any effect.

Has this feature in the Spotify app worked before?

I suggest going on your computer or accessing the system restore feature on your iPad. For the computer you plug it in, go to the device and fine the system restore button. Restore to the closest date that it was working.

Hope this helps!

that is a good suggestion and I had considered doing a reset of my iPad, but no, it hasn't ever worked and it is the only app with which I'm having an issue. I cannot recall a time when my iPad's Spotify app has behaved differently.

Scrobbling on iPad had worked all the time.

Will be great if all of you guys can assist to do this steps:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

as I mentioned previously, those were the steps that I took before coming here for help. they did not solve my problem.

thankfully my iPhone randomly decided to again see my wi-fi network, so I've gone back to using it for Spotify.

it would be nice to eventually figure out why Spotify on my iPad is having this issue, but for now I've wasted enough time on it.

@_seph Can you try to untick the scrobble option and try to tick it again and enter your spotify username and password via your 3G/4G connection or on another wifi network?
I'm here to shuffle!

that's just it, it isn't ticked.

when I tick it to enable scribbling the Spotify app crashes.

I have no other problems otherwise and aside from this odd behavior with this small feature the app works nicely and seems more stable than the iPhone version which occasionally crashes for no reason other than being used.

@_seph

That's ironically the most absurd thing I heard, since you've tried all solutions, the only thing I knew you haven't tried is a full restore from backup.
Please give that a shot, some of them had really good results with that, more details here:

This solves most crash issues if the easy steps above doesn't work:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-constant-crashes-in-loadings...
I'm here to shuffle!

I don't think that the word "irony" means what you think it does and it certainly doesn't work how you're using it... 

anyway, yes. a full restore is the only thing that I've not yet tried and I'm not going to. btw, I read that link before posting my problem here and being that it is an iPhone issue, I doubt that it is directly applicable to this problem with my iPad as they're two seperate apps and my iPhone is not having this problem.

as stated, my iPad has no other issues and of my six pages of apps, this minor feature of the Spotify app is the only problem that I have. the hassle of a full restore just isn't worth it to maybe get the Spotify app to scrobble, especially since it never has.

thanks for the minor effort.

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone figure out a fix aside from the factory reset?

Suggested posts