Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad app crashing after update v3.6.0.923

Solved!

iPad app crashing after update v3.6.0.923

Hi, after spotify was updated just 1-2 days ago its totally an unusable app. I can search for music i can do everything but i cant play a song... Dont know what they updated but the main thing isnt working. I tap to play and the app crashes every singe time. Im using an iPad Mini 3. I have this error only on my iPad, the phone and desktop app is working fine. 

I tried to reinstall login to different account restart the ipad but nothing helps and im sure that the update made this error before updating the app was working non-stop without problem.

Maybe if it can be fixed pls tell me how or ill just wait for the next update 🙂 Thank you

Spotify version : 3.6.0923
Device : iPad mini 3

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the reports.

@hoogey Which exact version of iOS are you on? Can you and @Pasonisse try reinstalling the Spotify app?

@Rachelll We don't officially support iOS 9 just yet, but have you tried updating to the latest update of the Beta, re: @ipaTcH?

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @ipaTcH

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

So we can check out this issue, could you confirm the version of iOS you're using on your device?

I'd love to take a look into this for you.

iOS 9 (13A4305g), yes im running the beta version but before the spotify update i had no issue.

Thanks for that info!

Although Spotify may still work on it, this version of iOS isn't yet available to everyone. Due to this, there may be some teething issues right now as we don't officially support it. As soon as this version of iOS is available to everyone, we're sure that this should be fixed.

We'll be sure to pass your comments on to our developers.

Same issue here! IPad mini and Spotify app crashing every time. Latest iOS (no beta version). Appeared since last update.

So have i. I have iOS 9 beta too, and i think it has something to do with that. Ive also tried redownloading 3 times and making a new account. When i made a new account it worked for a minute then it started crashing again. Hopefully they'll get the bug fixed soon. I've been waiting a while.

Yesterday Apple released the new Beta update for iOS. This update fixed the crashing error ! People just update te system :))

im using IOS 8.4 and since the latest update it's not possible to open the app. My ipad (air2) appears to do something similar to a restart with white screen with the grey apple showing instead of that the spotify app opens up.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the reports.

@hoogey Which exact version of iOS are you on? Can you and @Pasonisse try reinstalling the Spotify app?

@Rachelll We don't officially support iOS 9 just yet, but have you tried updating to the latest update of the Beta, re: @ipaTcH?

Thanks again!

Reinstalling the app solved the problem for me.

@Pasonisse Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

Can anyone else who has this issue try reinstalling the app?

I'll leave this open for now to collect any other reports of this happening.

Just downloaded latest version of app to iphone 5 running IOS 8.4. App crashes at login. Have reinstalled three times with no success.

Correction running IOS 7.1.2

Suggested posts