Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad iOS version 10 update

Solved!

iPad iOS version 10 update

So when is the iPad going to get the same love that iPhone and iPod are getting with this latest update. Need shuffiling feature also!
59 Replies

@MattSuda wrote:
As of right now there isn't a new design for the iPad. The iOS developers are hard a work and hopefully a new iPad design should be coming within the next few months.

And it's been six months sinc this was posted and over a year since the iPad has been updated. I'm canceling my premium subscription.

It's clear that anybody who owns both an iPhone and an iPad is having a really frustrating experience using Spotify at the moment. 

On the one hand, the new sleek iPhone interface is an incredibly intuitive and useful way to listen to and manage your music (with the introduction of saving music etc) and on the other, the iPad is rendered useless as a music-playing device if all your music library is on Spotify, now Saved and not manually inserted into playlists.

I also think the points raised here about commercial conflict of interest are quite interesting. Spotify are a growing company, who had the resources to create (in my view) the best music-browsing mobile app on the market (in its current form). So how can we logically account for this delay between iPhone and iPad launch?

Maybe it simply wasn't a priority for Spotify, maybe it's a resource issue or a planning balls-up, but the negative response from existing users shown here and the general subscriber growth over the last couple of years make this highly unlikely.

I think the staggering, or possible indefinite delay of an iPad app could be a tactical move. I suppose you could argue that maybe Spotify are just keeping new developments for iPad under wraps as new features game-changing features could be released in the next iPad update? 

However, this doesn't make a lot of sense, as that would result in further disparity in UX across devices as well and serving to annoy loyal long-term subscribers over a period of months, (even years?!) in the lengthy interim.

It seems a really silly state of affairs, and I'm not going to get annoyed with Spotify as they provide a service which I pay for, they don't owe me an iPad update and I am free to cancel my subscription, which I may do if I find a better alternative.

But what I will say is that providing a more detailed response to subscribers on the current progress of the iPad update would go along way in Spotify regaining favour with customers who are slowly becoming dissatisfied, dispite the innovations that Spotify are introcuding. 

Vague promises just erk people further, and if there is some tactical business logic behind the delay, then that is a real shame. 

Detailed, reassuring correspondence from Spotify on this issue is the only way to stop loyal users turning into mutineers. 

If I don't hear anything soon, I and many others I suspect, may just jump ship.

Exactly, its the lack of any real response. This coupled with the way the star feature was dumped has pushed me out.

I have jumped ship. 

Cheers! And lets remember its the music that counts not what you listen to it with ....

This is my ultimatum, if i doesnt get an ipad update in the realease o f iOS 8 im leaving Spotify for Rdio. Its just incredible. 

So prepare to switch...ios8 is due to be released very soon. iPad update is a permanent (promised) work in progress...

In case you have jailbreak, you can use RetinaPad from Cydia to use the iPhone version of the app, it works great! The bad thing is that this marvel is not free... but totally worth it.  Aaaaand to make it clear, I dont want to save up work to Spotify, im a premium user and I am STILL waiting for the iPad update 😄

F.A.I.L.U.R.E.

On the ipad "Your Music" is really your music ... It's not mine for sure.
The failure of Spotify on iPad is beyond any imagination.

This stupidity is what kills companies like Spotify.

I was hoping for a big iPad Update when iOS8-Update was released...

Still no changes, so frustrating!

How am I supposed to use the new My Music feature?!

Wow, fourteen months later and there's finally an update for the iPad.

I hope it was worth the wait! (Updating now)

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So... Another 14 month wait for the iPhone 6/6plus update?

I know i sound really ungrateful, but for a service I pay for. The information and update frequency are unacceptable

Spotify started working on an iPhone 6 update shortly after the phone came out, so it definitely won't take as long as the iPad update did.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wuhuuuu! Finally 😄

Thanks!

@MattSuda wrote:

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!  This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.  Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

And still NO DISCOVER. I was told 14 months ago (and mulitple timessince then) that that feature was coming to the iPad SOON. What the heck??

Keep making those promises and not delivering!

Thanks for letting us know. 

It would have been great for Spotify to give an earlier indication of progress, because its users, myself included, are very passionate about the service, whether that's passion for what they like about it, or passion for what really annoys them. Music is emotive!

With this update to the iPad app, my experience across all devices finally works. Spotify is now my favourite way to listen to music and definitely my most used app.

Now if we can just work out how emerging artists can make a living through Spotify's model, as streaming becomes the dominant method of music distribution...

How the Discover feature?  Does Spotify plan to implement it for iPad?

Finally! Been using the new version for 2 days and so far I'm ejoying it. Never the less I think it was ridiculous to keep us waiting so long (14 months?).

Yes 😉 Discover is comming to the ipad for sure!

Just keep waiting or register for the iOS-Beta on the right side banner...

I have a Spotify Premium account for there months. I took one because the music streamer I bought has a Spotify Connect feature.

I really don't know how to put it nicely, but the Spotify iPad app is the most frustrating app I have ever used. I really don't understand how you can make such a mess of an interface. Everything you do is hit or miss. The large music collection is completely obfuscated. There is no such concept as a playlist or queue, which strikes me as very odd for a streaming music service.

I think a complete redesign is in place. I think you need to force the developers to use their own product exclusively for at least a year, because then they might understand the torture they put their customers through. The desktop program hasn't got a connect interface, so there is no fallback. As it is, I won't prolong my subscription.

Suggested posts