Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad not listed under devices

Solved!

iPad not listed under devices

I've used Google for this problem and have gotten several threads but no results. All of them say to make sure you're on the same Wi-Fi, have certain ports open, make sure your firewall is accepting spotify, etc; All of these things I have done and my iPad still won't get recognized.

I have restored my iPad wondering if this will fix the problem and it hasn't worked. My iPad is running iOS 5.1 and the latest spotify version, I have re-installed the desktop app with the latest version.

I've tried different USB Chords and different USB Ports (all of my USB is 2.0). Just got premium again yesterday and would love to get this fixed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! You might want to check the last page of this thread - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Iphone-not-showing-up-in-devices-Unable-...

It's a similar topic, and some users have hit upon some ideas.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I also am having the same exact issue.... 

Just tried it on two different accounts here, and it seems to be working fine. Although I did forget to turn my Wi-Fi on first... Ensure that you're logged into Spotify on both devices, and Spotify is in the "foreground" on your iOS device.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I found my fix...

1. I uninstalled the current spotify "iphone app" that was on my Ipad and that was updated to the Ipad app a few days ago......

2. Reinstalled the Ipad app from the app store. After logging into the new app all my playlists were there........

Hope this helps and maybe this should be noted in the upgrade instructions.....

C. 

This image is taken showing the same wifi network (however when print screen was pressed, spotify was foremost) and device plugged in (and seen by itunes)... I don't see what i'm doing wrong but this image may spark the fire in someone elses head to tell me off for being such a noob 😛

Chucker's method i'd already tried.

On the iPad application, it works just fine - I'm able to stream music and whatnot, it simply won't connect to my spotify desktop application, so the app is not completely useless, it's simply not connecting to my computer. Just wanted to make this clear.

screenie.png

Marked as solution

Hey! You might want to check the last page of this thread - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Iphone-not-showing-up-in-devices-Unable-...

It's a similar topic, and some users have hit upon some ideas.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts