Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 4S playlist showing 0 songs

iPhone 4S playlist showing 0 songs

I have several playlists on my computer and all of them synch just fine with my mobile app except for one playlist.  I am a premium subscriber. 

The playlist in question has about 2,500 songs on my computer but shows zero songs on my phone.  I've tried creating a new playlist and copying/pasting all the songs to it, and THAT playlist also shows zero songs. 

No other playlists are affected, and I can manually create others that synch just fine.  It's just a single playlist that doesn't work.  Sadly it is my largest list of every song I like.

Any help would be appreciated.

14 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

That is definitely strange! Are those tracks all from the Spotify catalogue or do you have them as local files on your computer? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

They're all Spotify tracks.

It's strange.  I tried most of the basic tricks -- deleted and re-downloaded the app, signed out, turned off my phone, etc.  I have the latest iOS operating system (6.1.3) and Spotify update (0.9.0.129).

The weird thing is that I can manually add tracks to the playlist from my phone (click on "Add to" and then select that playlist to add it) but none of the other songs I previously added are showing up -- it's like they just disappeared.  And that's 2,500 songs, so it's a bummer.

If you add tracks to that playlist on your phone to they appear on your desktop?

Peter

Peter

Just checked.

Neither works.  If I use my phone to add a song to the playlist it adds 1 song to the playlist as it appears in my phone, but does NOT add the song to the playlist as it appears on my desktop (and vice versa).  It's like there's zero communication between my desktop and phone.

Are you definitely sure you are logged into the same account on both? Does creating a new playlist show up accross the devices even? 

Peter

Peter

Yes, same account on both devices.  And if I create a brand new playlist and add songs, it shows up immediately with all the songs I add.

It's just this one playlist and suddenly shows zero after weeks of working just fine.  I even tried creating a new playlist, selecting all the tracks from the playlist and copying/pasting into the new playlist, but that new playlist still shows zero songs on my mobile device.

@LegalEagle80 wrote:

Yes, same account on both devices.  And if I create a brand new playlist and add songs, it shows up immediately with all the songs I add.

It's just this one playlist and suddenly shows zero after weeks of working just fine.  I even tried creating a new playlist, selecting all the tracks from the playlist and copying/pasting into the new playlist, but that new playlist still shows zero songs on my mobile device.

I'm getting the exact same thing.  I created a new Playlist with all of my music, On the desktop app, my "all music" playlist shows 2746 tracks.  My iPad shows 0 tracks.  

Then I created individual playlists to organize them by artist etc.  My "B" playlist shows 474 tracks on the desktop app, but 0 tracks on the iPad.  If I delete the "B" playlist from the iPad, it also deletes it from the desktop so I know that it is seeing it and I'm synced.  All other categorized playlists seem to be working fine.  

I tried making another new playlist ("B2") and tried to pull the same tracks from "all music" to the new list and get the same thing.  474 tracks on the desktop, 0 on the device.  

I'm really confused why some work and some don't.  And I'm a Premium subscriber.

@kentonvannatten wrote:

@LegalEagle80 wrote:

I'm getting the exact same thing.  I created a new Playlist with all of my music, On the desktop app, my "all music" playlist shows 2746 tracks.  My iPad shows 0 tracks.  

Then I created individual playlists to organize them by artist etc.  My "B" playlist shows 474 tracks on the desktop app, but 0 tracks on the iPad.  If I delete the "B" playlist from the iPad, it also deletes it from the desktop so I know that it is seeing it and I'm synced.  All other categorized playlists seem to be working fine.  

I tried making another new playlist ("B2") and tried to pull the same tracks from "all music" to the new list and get the same thing.  474 tracks on the desktop, 0 on the device.  

I'm really confused why some work and some don't.  And I'm a Premium subscriber.

I have escalated these playlist issues to the Spotify staff as a potential bug or service issue. 

If you create a new playlist, and then copy the tracks from one of your current playlists to the new one (on the desktop) in small numbers, say max 100 at a time do they then appear on your other devices? 

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:
If you create a new playlist, and then copy the tracks from one of your current playlists to the new one (on the desktop) in small numbers, say max 100 at a time do they then appear on your other devices? 

Peter

Thanks Peter, 

Yes, that does seem to work.  Also, thanks for escalating the issue.

Was talking to a member of staff earlier, this is still being investigated - definitely a massive pain!

Peter

Peter

I should also mention that I saw the issue using my iPhone5 and iPad (4th Gen) both on OS 6.1.4

6/7, still happening to me.

The playlist sync issue that was causing the majority of these playlist issues has been patched in v0.9.1.43 of the desktop client which is currently rolling out across the Spotify network. If it hasn't made it out to you, it will do in the near future 😉 

Peter

Peter

I'm really hoping to get this update soon because I'm encountering this exact problem.

Suggested posts