Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5 - Compatible car head units

iPhone 5 - Compatible car head units

Hello,

Now I currently own 2 cars, in my Astra VXR I have a double DIN stereo which I plug the iPhone into using the supplied lightning cable and that cable alone. With this it allows me to access spotify through my phones menu's and play songs, playlists et al and have full functionality as if I simply had headphones connected, this is absolutely fantastic and I continue to love and uses spotify every single day, work and back, little trips, you name it, I've got some music on.

Now what I'm looking for, is a single DIN head unit for my van that can offer the same sort of functionality. Whilst I appreciate this is not something that any manufacturers will advertise and neither will the spotify guys support it but there must be a head unit which is single DIN that can do this.

So here I am asking the spotify community if they have experience of any of these single DIN head units and if you could provide me with links that would be great. I think this would be a very useful thread to have for anyone asking similar questions, I have seen a few scattered threads about the similar topic but nothing that is very conclusive.

Please note, I'm not looking for AUX functionality as I know that's an alternative.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to responses.
1 Reply

For a single DIN stereo im unsure you will get this kind of functionality due to the limitations of the screen. Any bluetooth Stereo should work seamlessley with the playing of tracks on your iPhone using spotify.

What double DIN stereo do you have at the moment? I am currently looking for one just like that that controls spotify through the head unit on iphone just as you describe but have found no solid answers. 

Thanks

Suggested posts