Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5 Offline mode

iPhone 5 Offline mode

Hello,

I have noticed over the past few weeks and most recently as AT&T has notified me that I am greatly approaching my 2GB Data Cap as I did more research I noticed that the most data being used is when I use spotify at the gym. I downloaded an playlist made it available offline and have spotify completely turn to Offline Mode. How is it that I am still using data if its supposed to be in offline mode?

The sole reason I got Spotify Premium was for the Offline mode so I can just listen to the playlist on my iPhone at this rate I will just go back to lugging my iPod around if this can not be addressed.

Please help!

3 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community!

Are you 100% sure the app is in offline mode? I do remember there being a bug in the Android version of the app that caused there to be excessive internet usage while in offline mode, however I don't believe the iOS app was affected.

Have you been using any other apps in the background when at the Gym?

If not, then it may be easier just to disable the internet connection 😉

Liam

P.S I'm always interested in American mobile networks, how much do you pay for this 2GB a month, and is it a contract or PAYG? How does it compare to my £15 for a months Unlimited internet (truly unlimited - I've used 30GB in the past), 300 uk minutes and 3000 SMS's? £15 is about $24 🙂

Yes absolutely in Offline Mode, as it pops up on the top of the screen when I open the Spotify App. Only app I run when I am at the gym is Spotify and make sure to close everything else.

Yea a friend mentioned just turning off the internet or putting it in airplane mode. As this is a solution I'd rather not have to do that since I am paying for the Offline Mode.

I pay about $30 for 2GB of Data at AT&T on my current contract.

Hi there, in the last version of spotify on my iphone it was easy to make a playlist offline.  It is the only reason really that i pay a monthly fee.  I'm a bit frustrated that i can't seem to get the offline mode to work now with my iphone 5 since the last version came out.  i get a essage telling me to sync with my laptop but it doesn't seem to work.  can someone detail the step by step instructions for me? it would be really helpful - otherwise i'm leaving, offski, outta here.

Andy

Suggested posts