Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5 massive battery drain

Solved!

iPhone 5 massive battery drain

I'm have Spotify running and I can watch the battery drain... Maybe 1% per 3 mins... And phone is hot

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, this is a known bug with Spotifiy on the iPhone 5.

Liam

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Phone has gone from 99 to 86% in about 5 songs... Played from memory on phone (not wifi)

85%

84%

83%
Marked as solution

Hey there, this is a known bug with Spotifiy on the iPhone 5.

Liam

82%

81% looks like one they need to fix ASAP... Can't be good for battery

Not just the 5. 4s here running iOS 6.1 same issue, offline playlists or app in background still drains battery >20% per hour.

Hi, as Liam said, this is a known bug, the team will be working on it as hard as they can.

Anthony ๐Ÿ™‚
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Known bug? So any solutions? Anyone going to solve it?

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:

Known bug? So any solutions? Anyone going to solve it?

Hi,

The Spotify team will be working on fixing the battery drain issue at the moment. Hopefully they will release an update fixing it soon.

Anthony ๐Ÿ™‚

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

This is really annoying and Spotify wasn't able to fix this within 1.5 months? Hello, is there really anyone working on this? You know, there are many other streaming services out there. Going to try another one now. Maybe the others can even show real new stuff in the what's new section.

hey guys, installed simfy instead and must say there music player is a lot better. it works just like the iphone music player. you can sort by artist, songs, album, etc. or just play all off-line music in shuffle mode ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

and the best - they don't suck you battery empty ๐Ÿ˜‰

Also suffering from massive battery drain on iPhone 5 when using Spotify. 

For the third time the battery was drained with the combinaion iPhone 5 + Runmeter + Spotify.

Without spotify no battery drain.

Lost my log of a half marathon and two other training runs :-s

Will leave Spotify if no fix within two weeks!

Suggested posts