Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 5S won't play any songs online or offline that I've downloaded offline

Solved!

iPhone 5S won't play any songs online or offline that I've downloaded offline

I did a quick scan and I couldn't see anyone with this problem so I hope I'm not being annoying and stating a problem that happens frequently, but basically I made a playlist with about 110 songs, I then thought I'd check out the offline features on Spotify and they all downloaded to offline perfectly, however when I began to try and play then when I didn't have signal, I couldn't access them at all.

The song title appears as though it's about to start, but the time location bar and the "next" and "back" buttons don't show up at all.

Not only that, but ever since I can't get the files that I've supposedly saved offline to even attempt to play online, they don't appear greyed out or anything like that, but when I click on them I get the same problem I have when it's offline. 

The files work fine on my computer, the whole playlist works perfectly, but as soon as I try and play it from my phone all hell breaks lose.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Strange, are you logging in using Facebook or a Spotify username? 

Annoying as it is, would you be able to try a clean reinstallation of the application and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Strange, are you logging in using Facebook or a Spotify username? 

Annoying as it is, would you be able to try a clean reinstallation of the application and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm on a Spotify user account with Facebook access.

Clean reinstall appears to have worked! Huzah!

Thanks very much for the help, not sure if the offline problem will happen again. I may stay away from it for now...

I can't even access any playlist on my profile offline even though they are all offline available and fully synced. I literally get a offline icon and a message that says "your profile is not available when your offline"....I start the app online and then go offline to make things easy. I'm in an area with spotty service and don't want to kill my data to listen to my created playlists. Help please!!!

Hey, have you tried restarting your iphone by holding the home and power buttons until the apple logo shows?

I'm having same problem. I go to use songs I've downloaded on Premium account while offline and only 5% of my songs are showing. Is there a fix?

Suggested posts