Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 6+ can't play local mp3s

Solved!

iPhone 6+ can't play local mp3s

Hi.  I have a new iPhone 6+ (updated to iOS 8.0.2).  I've used iTunes to put some mp3 files onto my phone.  The songs are visible under the native iPhone "music" app, and they play fine.  I want to play the songs from within the Spotify app (updated to version 1.8.0).  I can't figure out how to "find" them from within Spotify.  When I look under Your Music > Local Files, it lists some local files that were on my old iPhone, and it doesn't list the local songs that are actually on this new iPhone.  

*Please* tell me this is unrelated to the syncing problem that lots of people are frustrated with.  I only want to play songs that are already on my new iPhone, and I want to play them from within Spotify.  

FWIW, I'm a premium subscriber and I have been for a long time.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to sync music via the Spotify app from computer in order for Spotify to play it. And yes, this means having a second copy located on your phone. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You have to sync music via the Spotify app from computer in order for Spotify to play it. And yes, this means having a second copy located on your phone. 

Thanks for your answer. If Spotify's sync weren't so messed up, I guess that wouldn't be such bad news. I think my days of recommending Spotify to other people are over. I've started investigating substitutes.

Suggested posts