Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iPhone 6/iOS 8] Spotify app doesn't resume playing music when reconnecting over bluetooth

[iPhone 6/iOS 8] Spotify app doesn't resume playing music when reconnecting over bluetooth

Sometimes for some reason, the Spotify app is no longer "open" on my iPhone.  This can happen anytime of course, but it's most annoying when I get in the car and the phone connects via bluetooth.  I expect that the app is still running in the background and that it'll resume playing wherever it left off, but in fact I have to go manually open the spotify app, select my playlist again, then pick the song again.  I know I'm re-opening the Spotify app because I see the logo screen first, for about 3-4 seconds.  If I were simply bringing the app to the foreground, it just opens to the last playlist I was on (for example) rather than falling to the Spotify app homepage.

What's going on here?  Is there a super frequent update being automatically downloaded/installed for the Spotify app?  That's the only thing I can think of that might cause this issue.

FWIW with the same car and phone, I used to have seamless resume of playback with none of this fiddling required.  I just got in the car and drove.  That's how it should be, right?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

3 Replies

I should also specify that I do NOT use iTunes at all, I have nothing in my "library", and while that U2 album did autoplay a while a go, I went ahead and got rid of that... 🙂

So, no iTunes interference as far as I know.  I also don't use any other app/service for music.

Exact same problem happening here, it started about a month ago (all updates installed shortly after being available, iOS and Spotify).

It looks like Spotify gets "unloaded" from iPhone running apps. Every time I get into the car, the Bluetooth connects but nothing plays. Also no iTunes content at all in my phone.

I have to go to Spotify app, which again, takes some 4 seconds to open, as the_dude reported, then wait some more seconds for Spotify to show the play button in the bottom (offline mode might be guilty here), then I have to hit "play" for it to resume.

Most annoying problem so far, having to get the phone out of the pocket and spend about 30 seconds manually doing stuff every time I hop into the car.

This is driving me nuts! Any ideas?

BTW: I'm using iPhone 5S

Same problem for me. Resolved?

Suggested posts