Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 7 - music does not pause for phone calls.

iPhone 7 - music does not pause for phone calls.

Over the past two months, Spotify has really gone downhill.  😕  First, the battery issues and now, when I receive a phone call and am listening to Spotify on a bluetooth speaker, the music will not pause.  I can't even pause via the lockscreen.  I have to go into the app itself to pause the song.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice.

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey @maureen1428

I am not able to reproduce this problem. I played music from Spotify on my iPhone 7 through a bluetooth speaker and when I received a phone call, Spotify paused and my phone rang.

Which version of iOS are you using? Which version of the Spotify app? Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've also had this problem. It for sure happens when I'm using my Airport Express to stream the music from my iPhone 7 to my stereo. I'd have to double check to see if it does it with my Bose Soundlink and AirPods. If it'd be helpful, I can test that by having my wife call me while I'm playing music on each of those devices.

It's a real pain when it does this, especially if it's a work-related call--having to ask the person to hold on for a moment while I pause. What's especially weird is that, as the OP said, I'll hit the pause button on the menu that I can pull up from the bottom, but it will keep playing until I unlock the phone and pause the music in the app itself.

Similar behavior. I miss all kind of calls while Spotify is playing. Even when I stop playing calls will be missed. I have to restart the Iphone 7 (latest IOS) in order to get call ringing or vibrating again. Super annoying. Is there any other way to solve this than uninstalling spotify permanently?

Anyone from Spotify following this thread and having guidance for us?

I'm having this problem as well, although I have a slightly different setup because my speaker uses Spotify Connect. The app is still running on my iPhone though & showing on the lock screen (until I receive a call - then I have to run to my speaker and mute it).

Would be great to find a solution

Suggested posts