Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone Constantly Pauses Play and is Driving Me Insane!

Solved!

iPhone Constantly Pauses Play and is Driving Me Insane!

My Spotify Premium will not stop auto pausing constantly and the only remedy has been to manually hit play?! Why does this do this, and more importantly how do I make it stop -- or soon to forever cancel Spotify Premium as this is too much to pay for a flawed app!

Have tried to reinstall it, clear cache, and tried other settings and suggestions people have posted but nothing has stopped it and I am shopping straight jackets as I work in a shop and have to take on and off my gloves each and every time it does this (20-30 times daily)! Help please!

Gratefully . . . . . 

Version: Premium

Devices x3 - All Doing The Same[?!]

(iPhone 8, iPhone 7+, iPad Mini 4)

Operating System

(iOS 12.0.1)

This is the only Music App that does this, and it even does it while playing underneath my RunKeeper App as well -- whether playing through the RK App, or playing separately? So maddeningly frustrating to run and also have it just stop and pause for no reason whatsoever?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.1 🙂

Could you try resetting your password and using Sign Out Everywhere & Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @TheMotoBird! This constantly does this because you didn't COMPLETELY exit the Spotify app. You see, the Spotify app plays also when you even turn off your device. If this is not the issue, log out and only log in when you need to use Spotify.

Happy Holidays!

-Ragedoge 

Greetings and thanks for replying (so fast too!) . . . 

Maybe I didn't explain myself as well as I could have: I WANT it to play and the App is OPEN and solely open on one of my devices on screen, yet I hit play and walk away and moments later it swaps itself to pause; I hit play again and it does it again relentlessly. I restart the phone and reinitiate Spotify and minutes later this all begins all over again? So as you can tell, I am focused on only having the App open and playing -- yet it just luvs to auto-pause like mad and for no apparent reasons by itself?

Thanks again for trying to help, and hopefully this makes it a bit more clear as Itry to solve this glitch . . . . 

Cheers!

@TheMotoBird, is the device touch screen sensitive or touching any objects when you left it alone?

Try re logging in, if that does not work try completely restarting the app (swipe it up) and if that still does not work try redownloading the app. It could also be due to internet connectivity issues.

@Axgk, true, but for iOS, you have to double press the home button for the close tabs screen. 

Left totally alone -- untouched and front and center as only app running

Logged in, logged out; reinstalled App several times; cleared caches, etc.-etc. and suggestions posted on here -- tried them all  : (

Internet connectivity not it either, as on 5ghz 276mb second speeds, and it also does it on my AT&T LTE 4G Unlimited Nuclear fast mobile here w five bars?

At first I thought the auto-pausing was due to a Bluetooth criss-cross conflict (as not a fan of Bluetooth and its dual fighting - so dream that would someday be fixed  . . but I digress ), but turned off every other device in home testing and it still does it?

@Hey, @TheMotoBird! That leaves me with only one more idea that works with me all the time -- leaving it alone for a while. Trust me, this will work. Reinstalling it just makes it harder (even though it was my idea). I hope you mark this as solved.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.1 🙂

Could you try resetting your password and using Sign Out Everywhere & Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Motobird- I’m having exact same issues and have also tried everything on these troubleshooting forums. Any luck??

This has been driving me nuts and is doing it across all my devices. I've logged off all my accounts, restarted my phone, re-installed the app, but Spotify insists on pausing itself in random intervals across all my devices (iOS, Mac, Bose Sound App)

Any luck?

Suggested posts