Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(iPhone X) Crashing Offline

(iPhone X) Crashing Offline

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

Last week I hiked into the mountains to backpack with my dog. When I reached our campsite, I tried to spend the day listening to a playlist and some podcasts I had saved offline (where I had hiked to, there was no cellular service, or data, at all.) 

Without fail, everytime I either A) Closed the app or B) Locked my phone while playing music or the podcasts, the app would crash within 30-60 seconds. I tried closing the app several times and restarting my phone and it did not fix the issue. I tried playing with Airplane mode both on and off. I could not log out and log back in because I was in offline mode and had no service.

The only way I could get the app to not crash was to leave it unlocked with the app open which meant I had to constantly tap the screen or the app would crash. This drained my battery very quickly and was very annoying but luckily I had a portable charger to keep me going. It did not stop crashing while locked or closed until I had service again. 

This has never happened to me before but was very inconvenient. I am backpacking tomorrow again so I’ll try to replicate the issue. Would be great to see this fixed as I use offline mode in such areas quite often. Thank you. Will update Sunday with how it works this time. 

1 Reply

Hi @dongle,

Thanks for sharing this extensive description with us.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app if disabled. Also try turning Background App Refresh On/ Off and see if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts