Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone X Spotify App KEEPS freezing and will lock up for 5 or 6 seconds at a time

iPhone X Spotify App KEEPS freezing and will lock up for 5 or 6 seconds at a time

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S

Device

iPhone X ios 12.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify App on my iPhone X keeps locking up. It will freeze and become unresponsive for 5 to 6 seconds at a time. i am on the most current release of Spotify from the app store and it still is having this issue. if i close the app and relaunch it, it works a for a bit more. I have deleted the app and reinstalled and i have restored my iPhone and the app still freezes. I am currently now on the beta version of Spotify version number 8.4.82 and the issue is still happening. Please help i love the app and currently it isn't usable on my iPhone X.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts