Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone XS Max Battery Drain, Alarms completely silenced, Ring/Silent switch not honored with calls

iPhone XS Max Battery Drain, Alarms completely silenced, Ring/Silent switch not honored with calls

OK so I recently purchased an iPhone XS Max and absolutely love it. I've been having some weird issues and have narrowed it down to spotify causing them.

Problems only happen after about 2-3 days since restarting my phone which obviously doesn't automatically start the spotify app when it starts back up.

There are times where even though the Ring/Silent switch on the iPhone is set to Silent, I will receive a phone call and the silent switch is not being honored. It will audibly ring and switching the silent switch to ring and then back to silent does not silence the call. If I go into multitasking view and manually close spotify and then wait for someone else to call me it will be silenced as it should and only vibrate the phone.

There are other times where my iOS alarms that are configured will activate and display on the screen, but will not make any sound or vibrate the phone. If I go into multitasking view and manually close spotify and then lock the phone and wait until the next scheduled alarm, everything works and the alarm is audible.

I've noticed that whenever the ring/silent switch and alarm thing happens I look in iOS setting's battery section and see that spotify is in the background sucking up 100% CPU for hours on end just EATING battery life. Yesterday I went to sleep with 65%-ish battery and woke up to it at 25% with my alarms not working until I manually closed the spotify app. (see attached screenshot)

Also before anyone asks, When I first got my phone I restored from a backup of an old iPhone 6 and thought something got **bleep** up from that. So about 3 days ago, I reset my phone using iTunes to factory defaults. Set it up as a brand new iPhone without restoring from a backup. Same exact issues even after a completely fresh install of the app.

Standard Plan

Premium

USA

Device

iPhone XS Max 

iOS 12.3.1
Also use spotify on my iPad Pro and Macbook Pro with the remote control/listening on features which could possibly be something related to this.

spotify battery usage.png
3 Replies

same problem here. Silent alarm and draining battery all night even during charge. 

I contacted Apple, since it's up to the OS to avoid such problems, they say it's an application issue!

IMG_C5AB710CC3D4-1.png

i am having the same issue and it is Spotify that causes the problem, if you close down the app completely then the alarm clock works, if you miss it... then youre **bleep**..

I reached out to Spotify Care via Twitter, as they're saying it's their preferred way of contact, with no answer... 

Suggested posts