Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone and Echo

iPhone and Echo

I tried to listen to Spotify while I was outside of my home. It didn't work. When I got home, my Amazon Echo was playing. I had to unplug the Echo to get it to stop. Does having the Echo linked to Spotify preclude me from using Spotify with my iPhone? Thanks.
3 Replies

I'm having the same problem and I now can't get my iPhone to work with Spotify at all

I have a echo dot and as far as I know when you play something to the alexa device it should show up under devices on your phone. From the now playing screen it should say devices available and if you click on that the alexa device should show up. From that screen you should be able to change it from alexa to your phone. Or if you are in range of the alexa device you can say "Alexa, Stop" and it should stop playing

Hope this helps you out!!

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it doesn't get Spotify working on my phone, unless I power off Alexa and then switch off the wifi on my iPhone. I can then reconnect to Spotify and then reconnect to wifi.

It's a bit of an pain but seems to be the only solution. They really need to sort it out.

Suggested posts