Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone and iPod question

Solved!

iPhone and iPod question

Hi

new here but had spotify for about a year or so.

Question 1 is....can i use an iPhone 4s, without a service plan, to store my spotify and listen offline?

Question 2....with an iPod Touch, can I store my spotify on it and listen offline without a wifi connection.

Overall, i'm trying to figure out if i can use an old iPhone as storage device for spotify or if i need to buy an iPod.

my spotify takes up to much space on my active iPhone.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again!

Just as I said on my other reply, when you have a Premium subscription you are able to download music on a maximum of 3 devices.

You can download music to your iPhone or iPod when you have an internet connection.

I'll just briefly explain what you can do in your case:

When you are on a place with a steady internet connection, (for example your home, a restaurant, etc.), you can set your playlists as Available Offline and the songs within will start to be downloaded to your devices.

When the playlists are downloaded, you can play those songs even if you do not have any internet acess (when you are riding your motorcycle).

After a song is downloaded, you do not need any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection to play them.

Hope this cleared out your questions! โ™ซ

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here
โ™ซ

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @3littlebirdz & welcome to the Community!

Yes, you can use any iPhone or iPod to download the music for offline listening.

You just need a Premium subscription and you'll be able to download music on a maximum of 3 devices.

The only requirements of the devices is to be able to connect to a wi-fi connection (to stream and download music) and to be able to download the Spotify app.

Hope this helps! โ™ซ

PM me here
โ™ซ

Thank you for the answer. That is helpful but let me be a bit more specific of what I am trying to do.

I will be plugging my device (iPhone or iPod) into my motorcycle to listen to while riding.

So, the music must be stored on the device and be able to be played WITHOUT 3 or 4G or wi-fi. Of course wi-fi will not work while driving down the road. The iPhone will not have a service plan. I dont know if this will work for what I am trying to do. I can ask Sprint if there is a way to get just wi-fi on the phone I guess.

I think the iPod will work, but I am trying to use the old 4s instead of buying an iPod.

When you say the only requirments of device is to CONNECT TO WI-FI to STREAM and download, does that also include listening Offline?

Do i need to be connected to wi-fi or 3-4G to listen offline?

I am a Premium member.

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hello again!

Just as I said on my other reply, when you have a Premium subscription you are able to download music on a maximum of 3 devices.

You can download music to your iPhone or iPod when you have an internet connection.

I'll just briefly explain what you can do in your case:

When you are on a place with a steady internet connection, (for example your home, a restaurant, etc.), you can set your playlists as Available Offline and the songs within will start to be downloaded to your devices.

When the playlists are downloaded, you can play those songs even if you do not have any internet acess (when you are riding your motorcycle).

After a song is downloaded, you do not need any WiFi, 3G or 4G connection to play them.

Hope this cleared out your questions! โ™ซ

PM me here
โ™ซ

Thank you! Perfect!

Suggested posts