Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app always shuffles as default

iPhone app always shuffles as default

iPhone 4s

iOS 5.1.1

Spotify app version 0.52.374.g2c5b1077 (catchy name)

Every time a search for and play an album or create a playlist the default is to shuffle it. Everytime I have to go in and turn shuffle off.

I've looked in the settings but can't find anyway to turn off this default behaviour. It makes no sense to default to shuffling everything.

I know I can turn off shuffle but surely 'off' should be the default?

10 Replies

Hello,

Pop over to the Now Playing section, tap the "i" button and then tap the Shuffle button - This should turn it off.

photo (3).PNG

Airhorn Enthusiast

Sorry but I don't think you read what I posted. I know I can go in and turn it off each time but surely shuffle shouldn't be the DEFAULT?

Thanks for posing this question - I've been frustrated by the same thing on my iPod Touch.  Here's hoping we get a change to the default.

I've posted this in the idea section, hoping that they'll remove this feature.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/iPhone-App-Do-not-play-album-in-shuffle-mode-by-defaul...

Please head over there and upvote the idea. Maybe we can bring it to their attention.

Thanks!

tried that but shuffle does not come up to change

can not get shuffle off

Hey @saulsiegel -- last week we announced free streaming on iOS and Android devices for free users, but with some limits. One of those limits is the fact that you'll always have to listen in shuffle mode.

To listen totally on-demand, with no shuffle and no ads, and with offline playlists, you'll need to upgrade to Premium. Grab a 30-day free trial here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have premium and my playlists ALWAYS shuffle when I play from my iPhone. This is especially frustrating since I have premium so I can play playlists offline while teaching yoga. Any ideas?

@louisebrand -- do you have Shuffle un-selected as David outlined in a post above?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I also have premium and have been using spotify fine until yesterday. Shuffle play is the only option and if i want to listen to a certain song i can't...it just seems a bit stupid that this feature would be brought in

If you have Premium, you can still play a track or playlist by selecting it, surely?

Suggested posts