Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app crashes when connected to wifi?

iPhone app crashes when connected to wifi?

I've never had a problem with Spotify but over the last few weeks whenever I've used it on my iPhone it will crash unless im not connected to the internet. Super annoying because I can only listen to my downloaded music and can't add to it - have tried reinstalling etc and nothing's worked any ideas ? It works fine on my iPad also so kinda confused!

2 Replies

Hey @Katey1403, help's here.

It sounds like you can only use the app via 3/4G. If it's just music in Offline Mode which you can only access, we'd recommend checking your Mobile Data settings for the app. Go to your iPhone's Settings > Spotify > Mobile Data. Try toggling this option to see how it affects your performance (having it toggled on will use data).

To check, does it only have difficulty with one WiFi connection, or all WiFi connections? Did this occur after any updates that you can recall? We'd suggest checking the device for any iOS updates, and ensuring you're on the latest app version.

We'd also suggest holding Home + Lock for 10 seconds to reset your device after any updates.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

I have the EXACT same problem. It’s a real pain because i liked using Spotify. Now when i open up the app it instantly crashes when I’m connected to internet. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Suggested posts