Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Every time I try to open the app on my phone, it keeps crashing. Stays up on the screen for about 5 seconds saying that I'm offline, and then it crashes. Is there any fix to this?

6 Replies

+1 on this issue. Looking for a solution as well. If I find one I'll reply.

Would you guys be able to try all of the troubleshooting steps and fill in the template in this topic

Thanks!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I followed below steps from the link posted by Peter(Musical Legent) and it worked for me.

B. Troubleshooting
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own:
Go to your device’s Settings
Scroll down until you get to Safari, select that
Select clear history and proceed to clear.
Select clear cookies and data (beneath clear history) and then proceed to clear.
Now you can perform a clean installation of the new app following these instructions:
Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod.
To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
Restart your iPod/iPhone
Install Spotify again from the App Store
If you're having connection issues (which includes not finding your device in the desktop client), please also check our connection troubleshooting tips.
Start Spotify, log in and have a look if your issue was resolved

Live, Love and Enjoy !

Immi

OMG i think this trouble shooting just solved my probelm. Yes it did!!!!!! Thank you Immi

@immi_hussain wrote:

Hi,

I followed below steps from the link posted by Peter(Musical Legent) and it worked for me.

B. Troubleshooting
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own:
Go to your device’s Settings
Scroll down until you get to Safari, select that
Select clear history and proceed to clear.
Select clear cookies and data (beneath clear history) and then proceed to clear.
Now you can perform a clean installation of the new app following these instructions:
Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod.
To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
Restart your iPod/iPhone
Install Spotify again from the App Store
If you're having connection issues (which includes not finding your device in the desktop client), please also check our connection troubleshooting tips.
Start Spotify, log in and have a look if your issue was resolved

Live, Love and Enjoy !

Immi

Boo! I tried this. Twice over, in fact. Still not working.

This issue is a deal-breaker. Please suggest a fix ASAP! J

Suggested posts