Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app major issues

iPhone app major issues

At first my iPhone stopped playing songs about 1 minute in. 

So I deleted and reinstalled the app. 

Now, Playlists don't download or sync. Music still stops playing as well. 

My Spotify iPhone app is unusuable and I pay for premium!

I already deleted some playlists thinking that may be the issue, but it still doesn't work. 

This started after the recent update. I have the recent ios5 update. 

What's going on?!

17 Replies

I am having the same issue and mine's been going on since Thursday.

Same here, iphone stopps playing songs from Playlists about 1 to 2 minutes in and won't start again. I too started having these problems after the recent update.

Yep. I hope someone figures out the cause soon.

They fixed my playlist issue yesterday BUT my songs still stop playing and then won't play anything. 

Same problem here.   Can't even get desktop app to perform properly.

there seems to be several threads going with similar issue. streaming freezes after a couple of minutes and then the app is useless.. I've made an entry in 'stops in the middle of a song'.. no response of any kind..

I have the exact same problem and I'm also a premium user. For me this started with the iOS 5.1 update. I have tried and reinstalling the Spotify app to no avail.
This has been going on for 9 days at least. I'm gonna give it until the end of the month before deciding if to continue with premium.

iOS 5.1.1 I mean

Hello there.

You shouldn't be running into these sorts of issues on the iOS application - there's a couple of things you might want to try here.

* A clean installation of the Spotify application.

* Freeing up some space on your device

* Changing the Streaming / Sync quality settings in the setting menu. 

* Turning off Gapless Playback and Crossfade tracks. 

Hopefully this gets Spotify working just fine for you now! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks!

Did all of it (except changing the Streaming / sync quality settings) - worked 🙂

I did all of that, still got problems with Spotify. It always stops at almost exact time in every track.

hello David! good 2 hear from u and how nice that the 'clean installation' is working for someone. however.. I've seen that many others like me are having no success with this. I've synced my device several times thru Itunes and have done the 'clean installation' maneuver several times as well - 2 NO AVAIL. the turning off the Gapless Playback/Crossfade tracks-suggestion was news so I did try that last time around and if u only knew how I hoped it would be the key. but no.. I have 2.2 Gb free on my device, my streaming/sync quality is normal and always has been and I consider myself 2 be in no way a 'power user'. this is all very frustrating. when I do the 'clean installation' I can stream a few minutes into my first track selection. after that the streaming freezes. I can, I've found, force the streaming to continue on that initial track but only by forcing the cursor forward a few seconds. the play/pause doesn't work. if I jump 2 the next track or choose any other track all I get is silence. also, the cursor and timer do not appear after I've played that first track. I have noticed that I don't necessarily have 2 'cleaninstall' the app for it 2 start working again. it dies for a few hours or a day or so and but unfortunately I've just been able 2 repeat the cycle above again. I've also noticed that on the playlist-page it appears as tho the track is 'now playing'. this whole situation has been going on for a week now and is really costing me time and energy.

btw.. I've tried logging with both Facebook and Spotify.. no solution there either..

Hi,I have the very same problem but on my ipad3.Been happening for around 4 days.However I have no such problem on my  Nokia N8 phone.Very annoying.

I tried all those things too.

I've deleted and reinstalled numerous times, and now I'm afraid too because last time I did it, my playlists would not load at all! 

I have plenty of room on my phone too.

This has only been happening since the last update, so there was something changed  that has caused this problem.

It seems to me like it is not connecting to the server correctly. 

I've also just now logged out of spotify and logged back in...It keeps saying "Connecting..." and it isn't connecting. 

I am having the same problems, reinstalled, rebooted my phone as a new iPhone, made sure acct is paid up, etc... Still iPhone app not working .... Hang up in what's new screen, no playlists, etc... Was finally able to make sure settings as recommended ... Still nothing... About ready to cancel subscription due to too much time and energy spent... And no one really responding to issue. Has been about 4-5 days. Possible new update bug??

So, after reading a previous help blog I think I fixed my issue. Hopefully, it will help with yours.

I went into my Safari settings. 

Cleared my cookies/cache and Cleared my history.

I then deleted the Spotify app.

I did a iPhone reboot, just in case

Then I reinstalled Spotify app and logged in. 

Everything seems to finally be working fine!! 

Good Luck! 

thanks 4 trying 2 help. didn't work 4 me tho..

Suggested posts