Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone / iPad: Songs are not downloaded even though Available offline is chosen

iPhone / iPad: Songs are not downloaded even though Available offline is chosen

Hi,

I noticed that I couldn't make songs on a playlist available offline on my iPad (3). When I turn Available Offline on then songs will get a small arrow down icon beneath it but it doesn't start to sync the song. I seached for solutions and tried by deleting all devices that were listed as devices with offline files. Then I deleted the app on iPad and downloaded it again. Didn't help.

I noticed that also my iPhone (6) did the same. I did the same steps as above but still after making the playlist available offline it didn't start to download anything. I turned on my iPhone in my settings -> Music Quality on the "sync over cellular" setting. Then the playlist started to be syncronized on my iPhone.

The problem is that I can't use this temporary solution on my iPad (doesn't have 3G/4G) as it doesn't start to sync it over wifi. And no, the problem is not with my Wifi network. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to listen to spotify on my iPad nor write this message 🙂

Cheers for a quick problem solving!

Jens 

1 Reply

Hi, i'm not support but you have to be connected to a wi-fi network to be able to sync music for offline use, unless you have enabled the setting to do it via 3/4G in the settings. hope this helps

Suggested posts