iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Solved!

iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Thejuice
Casual Listener

iPhone screen locks while plugged in, I’d like to see album art and song title while I drive but it automatically locks after 2 minutes even though it’s plugged in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while our tech teams were looking into this.

It is expected that the screen should dim and your device will lock when charging. Keep in mind that you can always wake your device by tapping the screen.

You can also disable Autolock or use the Waze integration while you're driving.

However, we really appreciate your feedback regarding this and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right teams.

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
141 Replies

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Thejuice, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To confirm, when you're playing music while the device is plugged in - it locks after 2 minutes?

Keep me posted :)

Billy-JRock Star 22
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

jcunha

Im having the same issue as well. I also have my iPhone set up to auto-lock after 2 minutes. And I've been using Spotify in the car for years now. Whenever my iPhone is plugged up charging playing with Spotify on my screen, it never auto-locked until the recent Spotify update. 

Thejuice
Casual Listener

Correct, the phone is set to lock after 2 minutes but if I leave it plugged in it shouldn’t auto lock

DarrenKT
Visitor

I've been having the same problem since yesterday (17 July) so I assume it's a problem introduced in the latest update.

I play music via Spotify on my computer, but have my phone on charge in a cradle next to it showing the album art. Until yesterday it would (correctly) override my phone's auto-lock settings and stay open so long as I was in full screen player view with the album art and controls. Since yesterday it no longer prevents auto-lock and so my phone locks automatically after a couple of minutes.

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger - Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you are experiencing this even after a quick reinstallation, please send us over the following:

• iPhone model
  • iOS version
  • Spotify version

We'll look into this and keep you up-to-date in this Ongoing Issue.

Looking forward to your replies!

GuidoModerator

schraver_m

Oh man, glad I found this thread. I thought my iphone was the only one overriding the 2 minute auto-lock for the past few days and I was going crazy.

Hayesdm

This has been happening for me last couple days as well. 

iPhone XS Max

iOS 12.3.1

Spotify 8.5.14

RobertGonzalez
Casual Listener

Same problem here. It just started happening to me with the last app update. Prior to that, if my phone was plugged in and the Spotify app was in focus (meaning loaded), Spotify would keep my phone on and would not let it go to sleep. Now, for some reason, under the same condition, my phone will go to sleep based on my phone's configuration for energy management.

iPhone Model: 7 Plus

iOS Version: 11.3.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.14.816

Brendan66
Music Fan

I uninstalled Spotify and then reinstalled it. 

Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue. 

The display still shuts off after about 30 seconds despite the Spotify app being opened and it connected to a charger.

iPhone Model: XS Max

iOS Version: 12.3.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.15.681

SUGGESTED POSTS