iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

Solved!

Re: iPhone screen locking while playing and connected to charger

BioHarry
Visitor

There is no sulution yet.

Tapping the phone every minute or so while driving is not an option, as well as disabling the autolock.

THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE

Please excuse my caps-locking, but I can't stress this enough ;)

There should be an easy way to create that option. Given, that this is not a change in iOS, of course...

sandor2020
Casual Listener

Posted this issue on Linus Tech Tips channel.

Disturbed a hornet's nest of a debate.  

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1095561-spotify-refuses-to-fix-a-bad-driving-hazard-calls-it-a-...

OrionSkyline
Regular

It's probably Apple telling Spotify to take the heat for this. This article https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/13/20804234/apple-spotify-siri-voice-commands-ios-13-rumor leads me to believe this is the trade off. 

Since Spotify could not use Siri they probably were allowed to keep skirting the Auto Lock settings set by the phone. But with being able to use Siri then I would imagine Apple said for them to remove it as a tradeoff. It would be the true "hands free" expierence because everyone wants to use Siri.....

Bluebucket

This is only "solved" if this was actively decided to be changed by Spotify.

But why was this changed from the previous behavior? This worked before if in a car or on a desk.

If this is Apple demanding the change, why not state so?

I tested Apple Music (because I am considering switching) but it appears that app cannot prevent auto-lock either, so this might indeed be something Apple is enforcing.

If not, why not allow this or at least make it an option in Spotify to prevent auto-lock on the "Currently playing" screen?

Btw: Why even have a car mode if the screen blanks out?...

atwoodlae
Visitor

Two month later, Spotify updated 4 thims, but this issuse is still on. I'd wish iPhone screen doesn't lock while plugged in and Spotify opened

ivyjl
Visitor

This is really frustrating. Please re-enable this app to be optimized for driving. I don't use the Waze app so integration with it means nothing to me. I don't keep Siri turned on for the same reason I don't have Alexa or Google assistant or Cortana in my home. I just want to listen to music and be able to skip a track if I decide to without having to unlock my phone while driving.

Wilton13
Regular

I love my Spotify premium but I’m trying free premium of Amazon starting tonight for 30 days. If it doesn’t lock my screen, since I can download and skip, I may just switch. If it locks I’ll look further at other apps. 

I ride my MC and while I can change songs using my thumb controls. It’s nice seeing the next song if I want. Or at a light changing playlists quickly. I don’t touch it riding but can’t eadily unlock at a light with helmet and gloves. 

AWDSOME
Casual Listener

This happens with my iPad plugged in on my desk now since the update also.... super irritating as I use it to play music in my office.... I get a call, and it's no longer easy to pause/restart music as I have to unlock the display or use the lock screen shortcuts (which have their own limitations - especiallyfor restarting the music linked to a WiFi Speaker). Please fix this Spotify... you broke it with the update.

Dan5077
Visitor

12 pages of the same comments, 615 votes to change this back

a couple of months of disgruntled customers and what have Spotify done?

sweet fa

thanks a million for “listening” to the people who pay to use your service.......not

#shockingdecision #amazonmusiccalls

Fk72

This never happened before.  Why does it happen now ?

SUGGESTED POSTS