Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone unable to use Spotify when connected to WIFI.

iPhone unable to use Spotify when connected to WIFI.

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

A couple of months ago I started noticing that I couldn’t use my Spotify when it is connected to WiFi. I have tested different WiFi’s and can confirm that it is not the WiFi problem. Spotify shows “offline” when it is connected to any WiFi network and the music will only play when I change to my cellular data network. I am 100% sure that I did not set it to offline mode and I have tried all suggestions online, even uninstalling the APP and reinstalling the app again. But nothing has worked. Has anyone found a solution for this for Apple products? This is becoming increasingly annoying and it’s even more frustrating when we are paying for the service but cannot even use it properly.

if anyone has found any solutions, please can you help! Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

CAE872B8-A48D-40A9-9678-0676429C3535.png

CB93D2A3-678A-485F-A0E6-4C94C4816B6C.png

5 Replies

Hey @Cindy2020, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd suggest using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify's account page.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hey there @Cindy2020,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

To add to the troubleshooting steps @Loxer provided, we'd also recommend making sure of the following:

• Spotify is set as an exception on any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps
  • Background App Refresh is toggled on for Spotify on WiFi as well
  • Check that the firewall (if you use one) has Spotify set as an exception.
  • Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If the WiFi networks you've tried connecting to when this happens are shared or public, we'd suggest contacting those responsible for managing them for more information.

It's also a good idea restarting your device and performing a reinstallation of the app - however, this time with the steps in this Spotify Answer for a thorough one.

If these don't do the trick, it'd be helpful to check if the issue persists when using the app connected on the same WiFi networks but from a different device (for example, from the desktop app).

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same experience, mine is on iphone 11 though.  Cant use spotify on wifi.  works fine on mobile data but is too data intensive.

In our family, we have an android (spotify works on wifi), iphone 11 pro (spotify works on wifi), 2 iphone 11's (neither works on wifi) and an iphone 6 (doesnt work on wifi).  The fact that the other devices' Spotify apps do work on the wifi make me believe this is an Spotify app/phone issue.  (All phones can use wi-fi with no problem on other apps).

I've tried all of the above fixes.  Still no solution. 

Hey @jeff79,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go to clear the cache. Does the issue persist when you log into another account on the same device?

It's also a good idea to check if the same thing happens when you try with your account on another device. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can log into the desktop app just fine via wifi, but not my phone. I tried all the steps like signing out all devices, flushing app cache, uninstalling the app. Nothing has fixed this. Only workaround was to use cellular. I don't use a VPN or software firewall. Besides, if my router or wifi was the issue, then how come I can sign into desktop app just fine?

Suggested posts