Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone won’t detect I’m playing Spotify on iOS 11

iPhone won’t detect I’m playing Spotify on iOS 11

When the screen is locked, no player shows. Which means I can’t adjust volume or change song etc. if I push up the menu and chose music, or if I plug in my headphones and press to change song, it starts playing iTunes. Like I said. It’s like it’s not detecting Spotify is playing. It’s annoying as s...t!!!

10 Replies

Mine is doing the exact same and I can’t find a clear answer anywhere. I seriously hope apple fixes this soon. I don’t want to have to go in and unlock my phone every time I want to play, pause, skip, or even change the volume! Quite unhappy with this update

Uninstall the application and reinstall it, it should be fine afterward. I did it, and it worked on my part

It worjs for about 3 hours of so. Then were right back 😞

This is bull**bleep** man. **bleep** apple, I wish I didn't update. I tried to uninstall and then install again but that didn't work at all. Any other suggestions?

I'm having the EXACT same issue. I have never seen an iOS suck SO HARD. 

It's extremely annoying. I'm not trying to reinstall it because I have over 10Gb of music here. I'm running on mobile connections until very late tonight and my home wifi sucks. So no, not an option to download it now.

yep - to add to the people who say uninstall/reinstall, or turn off/on, this fixes it for a bit, but within a couple of hours/days it'll be back to how it was with no access from the lock screen or control centre. Really frustrating! 

I’m also having this issue lol

Hello everyone. We're currently investigating this issue. Please stay tuned in this thread for more updates. Be sure to add your vote and any steps to reproduce if you're experiencing this issue. 

Hello everyone. We're currently investigating these reports. Any info on the following would be helpful. Please post your answers in this thread.

• Did you resume Spotify from the headphone? How long was Spotify inactive before you resumed it? Did you use some other video/audio apps before they resume Spotify? 
  • Did this happen when Spotify was already playing and you try to skip from lock screen or the headphone? Is there any way to reproduce it? 
  • If neither of these applies, could you tell us what happened in your case? Is there any way to reproduce it?

Apple did it in there new update so it’s harder to use Spotify, which in turn is going to force user to either switch to Apple Music, or continue having problems every time try and play music.

Suggested posts