Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone won't show up in Devices

iPhone won't show up in Devices

I recently had to restore my iphone, and once i put everything back on the iphone wouldn't show up in devices on the spotify client on my mac. I updated to ios 7 today but that didn't help

I am sure it is on the same wifi and have tried plugging in with a usb with no luck. I can't sync local files and that's kinda a dealbreaker so i hope this can be fized.

Thanks for any help!

4 Replies

Does spotify work otherwise on your iphone - you can stream spotify music etc? (Just ensuring you're logged in to the correct account).

Often, simply restarting the router seems to work but, if this doesn't work, please check the connection trouble-shooting post.

Everything else works fine on the phone. I can stream music and play offline songs like normal. Unfortunately I don't have access to the router because I'm using a public router at college. Any other ideas?

Yes, the network is probablt set up so as to prevent your phone connecting to spotify. There are a couple of ways around this. One is to set up an adhoc wireless network on your desktop and connect to that with your phone. This post explains how to do this. The other way is to set your phone up as a wireless access point. I'll leave you to find out how to do the latter - there are plenty of guides out there on the interweb.

If this would in fact fix the problem, it is an unbelievably and unacceptably complex "solution" to a problem that Spotify heralds as one of the most basic features of its service. This is so ridiculously frustrating to be an issue for so long.

Suggested posts