Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone won't sync/download local files

iPhone won't sync/download local files

I don't know if this was the right place to post this question, but I am having issues with getting local files from my pc to sync and download to my iPhone. I did all the steps required to get it to download. And I've gotten it to the point where the song is in a folder and the"download" button is turned on. Below it says "waiting to download". But the song itself is not downloading. I have restarted spotify on my pc and my phone, as well as completely restarting my phone. I even shut off the firewall for my pc and it still shows "waiting to download". I know I have enough space on my phone for it, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've checked the forums and found people with similar issues, but I have followed all of the suggestions that have already been posted.

Any feedback or help would be great!

Thanks 🙂

4 Replies

Hey @HollywoodFalcon.

Thanks for paying a visit to the Spotify Community!

Have you tried to reinstall the app on your phone and computer? You can see how to do this here.

If that doesn't help, you could also try to reboot your router. And make sure both your computer and mobile device are connected to the same WiFi network!

Another thing that can help, is to not let your phone screen go off while downloading.

We hope that helps! Let us know if it doesn't or if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Have a nice day!

Hi @Guido

I reinstalled the spotify app on both my phone and computer, and retried the process over again, and I get the same result. It was fine on my pc but the song just shows up grey and won't download on my phone despite being on playlists selected for downloading.

Hey again @HollywoodFalcon,

Could try downloading while having both devices connected to the same mobile hotspot instead? That usually does the trick!

If not, use another folder as a source of local files, and add the tracks there. The best thing would be if you could synchronize only one local file to see if the same thing happens. 

Let us know how it goes! 

Hi @Jemi,

Im having the exact same problem as @HollywoodFalcon. For me, I have about 150 songs in my local files and I've never had a problem downloading or syncing them to my iPhone since I signed up to Spotify. But for the last month or so, I haven't been able to sync any of my local files onto my phone. 

Hoping there's a fix or an update or another method I could try! 

Suggested posts