Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Classic & Spotfiy

iPod Classic & Spotfiy

It is truly ridiculous that Spotify Premium doesn't work with an iPod classic. You've lost my business along with many other people, I'm sure. What's the point in changing this? I distinctly remember the iPod classic syncing with Spotify Premium 1-1.5 years ago... Time for a change Spotify... 

4 Replies

Spotify's agreement with music publishers is to make payments based on the number of times each track is played. It would be impossible to achieve this if spotify content was playable on devices incapable of running a spotify app. Also Spotify content can only be played by a spotify app as it is encrypted. I've no idea if this was different in the early days.

Just out of interest, do any of the music streaming services allow content to be downloaded to external storage devices as playable media?

I am not sure, but seeing how this was a possibility in the recent past I don't see why it suddenly isn't possible now. Considering that I had this option last summer, I just renewed my Spotify premium account along with an iPod reset (which, by the way, wipes all of your files from your iPod) to upload my recent Spotify playlists. What a disappointment... 

I suppose I could've better researched the situation, but Spotify advertising doesn't seem to point out this major inconvenience to its users...

In any case, I appreciate the information; thank you. I just wanted to voice my frustration... 

No worries 🙂

Suggested posts