Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iPod] Crashing in background only while online

[iPod] Crashing in background only while online

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPod 7th gen

My Question or Issue

So it took me the longest time to get spotify to stop crashing in the background in my car. Now though while I'm at home, spotify crashes in the background ONLY while I'm connected to the internet. All of my songs are downloaded and play fine when I'm not connected to any network. As soon as I'm connected, after selecting a song it will play until about 30 seconds after my screen turns off.

I've reinstalled multiple times and checked multiple settings that may or even may not affect spotify. So far only way to solve this is to just turn my wifi off and it will play in the background just fine.

1 Reply

Hey @MrSimplicity

Thanks for reaching out about this. We'll do our best to help you sort this out!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the app? This is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing this issue. It will also ensure that you're running the latest app version.

You can also try logging into your account using a different device to double-check no issues occurred with the account itself. If possible, it'd be great to try a different internet connection too.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts