Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Shuffle Problem

iPod Shuffle Problem

Hey there!

I've seen that it's not possible to use Spotify with the iPod shuffle.

But why is it available then?
Isn't that some kind of false advertising? Like, you can plug it in, and you can let Spotify sync everything you've got on your PC, but you can't use your online libary?

(And yes, I am talking about the "Only local files synced" Error.)

If I understood something wrong here, or if you can correct me, go ahead.

greetings.

6 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I think the reason the iPod connectivity is included in the Spotify client is that Spotify wants to be your main media player, it is not intended in my eyes to be false advertising. As it says in the help pages "With our iPod integration you can easily sync and manage all your music in one place." 

Since the idea behind Spotify was that you start with your own content and then mix and match that into playlists with content from the Spotify catalgoue to find new tracks, since you have those local files accessible why not give the customers iPod sync.

Personally, I think it is great, means I don't need to have iTunes installed alongside Spotify.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

does that mean that I can't sync my local files (the files which I've downloaded via spotify) with my ipod shuffle?

@doesitmatter wrote:

does that mean that I can't sync my local files (the files which I've downloaded via spotify) with my ipod shuffle?

Correct, you can only sync tracks which you own (as mp3's) which you have purchased/downloaded from another source to your iPod shuffle. Have a read at this post for more details on why. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for pointing this out. 

From my point of view this is definitely false advertisement!

byebye spotify... I'm back to iTunes...

i agree i wanted to sync my songs but it never started syncing even though i had already deleted my itunes music that i had on my ipod already

Yup this definitely sucks and is false advertising back to iTunes, delete 30 day trial for me too.

Suggested posts