Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch 4th Gen not showing up in Devices in Spotify

iPod Touch 4th Gen not showing up in Devices in Spotify

Hi,

I looked around the forums and couldn't find an answer to this. I'm trying to get my 4th gen iPod touch to sync up with Spotify on my Windows 7 computer so I can get local files on it, but it is not showing up in Devices. iTunes is closed, I've unplugged it, tried just about everything I could to get it to work. It doesn't register that my iPod is connected to my computer.

However, my device is not on iOS 5. Is that what's causing me problems?

7 Replies

If you are running iOS 4, you need to be using the Spotify app for iOS 4:

(just delete the currently installed Spotify app and install Spotify for iOS 4)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spotify-for-ios-4/id511889746

If you are using the beta version of iOS 6 -- just remember that iOS 6 is not currently supported yet with the current iOS 5 app:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spotify/id324684580

If you are using a newer iOS device you can always update your iOS version to the latest version by using iTunes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am using (and have used) the iOS4 Spotify app since it came out.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what the problem would be then. Maybe someone else that knows what to do will see this thread.

You can also try contacting Spotify by using the link below which requires sign in:

http://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

From the dropdowns select one that matches your situation.

In the message box explain your situation.

Hopefully Spotify can get this solved for you quickly. Smiley Happy

MattSudaSpotify Star

Still not working. No response from Spotify. When I plug it in to my computer, apparently it's supposed to automatically show up under Devices in Spotify. It's not doing that, and iTunes is closed.

From what I understand is that your iPod Touch and your computer have to both be connected to the same WiFi network for it to see each other.

Once both devices are on the same WiFi network, you need to open up the Spotify app on your iPod.

Then your iPod Touch should appear in the devices area. You can then select to sync all local files or choose a playlist with local files to sync. 

Spotify doesn't sync iPod Touches via USB. Only the smaller iPods such as the nano use USB so that you can sync the local files that you want on your computer to your iPod. The nanos don't have a Spotify app so it acts as iTunes and transfers MP3s over.

The instructions in Spotify in the devices area are actually misleading because they haven't been updated in a while.

Spotify has received feedback and is currently looking to update the images in the devices area.

Message from Spoptify employee:

"If you're using an iPod Touch then you should sync your local files or playlists over a WiFi connection.

However, if you're using an iPod Nano, Classic or Shuffle you will need to connect via a USB cable to sync your local files."

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks. With that in mind, seems like the problem is that my computer is on a wired connection and my iPod runs on the wifi in the house.

Yeah, I wish there was a way to sync iPod Touches via USB, but there is not. I'm sorry you are having trouble. Smiley Sad

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts