Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch 5th Generation 32GB Not Syncing Local Files

iPod Touch 5th Generation 32GB Not Syncing Local Files

Hi all,

So I recently (yesterday) got a new iPod Touch 5th Generation, and everything works great . . . except when I try to sync my local files. They're just grayed out. It doesn't show up in "Devices" on my PC App either. Yes it's connected to the same wifi, etc. 

The songs are also ON the iPod as well, so I don't know why they wouldn't just be syncing. 

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks. 

3 Replies

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

To sync with your iPod with Spotify you will have to connect your iPod with a USB cable to your computer - see here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Erm, the other ipods are synched over cable but the touch is synched over wifi, same as an iphone.

If it doesn't appear under "devices", the following should help:

• Check that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and other security software (you can set exceptions later)
  • Check that the ipod is on the same network as your desktop and not in offline mode

UPnP was not enabled, but I enabled it and still nothing. My old iPod Touch 4th G used to sync over wifi, but that will no longer work either as well as the 5th Gen not working. 

Suggested posts