Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch

iPod Touch

I was thinking about getting an iPod Touch and using it with a Spotify permium to synch offline playlists with so I can have some access to playlists on the go. I have read that the newer spotify desktop app has issues with the lightening connection that is part of the iPod Touch. I will be using the iPod Touch on a Windows 7 Home Permium 64 bit machine, which version of the desktop app and which iPod Touch is best, the new 5th Generation or the older 4th Generation? I found at the apple store one can still get refurbished 4th generation iPod Touches and in the size I want for my needs. Any constructive information is welcome on this and the best way to go.

I have considered an iPhone, but geez no matter which way I choose from between a local carrier contract service, or a non contract carrier  use of an iPhone they cost out the wazoo. I decided an iPod Touch was the least expensive way to go. If Spotify had a way for iPod classic users to use the Permium Spotify offline user playlists legally I would be in heaven but I know that is never going to happen.

1 Reply

If you mainly want it for Spotify use I'd suggest going with the 4th gen device. I've used Spotify on it and have had no issues, and the device is quite a bit cheaper than the 5th gen version.  You should also have an easier time finding any accessories you want for the 4th gen version since it's been out longer.

I use an iPod Touch 5 for work purposes (no Spotify) and the only differences I ever notice from regular use are the larger screen and lighter weight.  But the 4th gen is not exactly a heavy device to begin with.

I've downloaded Spotify songs to my iPod Touch without ever having a problem, but it's not my main device any more as I replaced its daily usage with a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 (Android):  http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-4-Inch-Galaxy-Player-DISCONTINUED/dp/B005P1VMLU

That device does let me use external SD card for offline music, and the refurbished version (what I bought) is cheaper than an iPod Touch. It also works beautifully with Spotify.

Suggested posts