Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod nano not detected

iPod nano not detected

I have 2 iPod nano, the first one is a 2nd generation ipod, the second one is 7th generation. Both of them work fine with itunes, but when I try to sync them with Spotify, spotify doesn't detect them.

I have tried in many different computers (PC, laptop, work PC....) computers wich doesn't have itunes installed, computers with itunes installed. I have restored both ipods...... and everything is unsuccessful.

I have been reading and it seems that the ipod with the lightning conection is impossiblo to sync with spotify, but the other should work fine, only local music, but it should work, or not??????

thank you all very much.

11 Replies

Hi and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid to say that any iPod nano is supported by Spotify.

As you can see in the guide, it clearly says: "It's not possible to sync tracks from the Spotify catalogue to your iPod Nano, Mini, Shuffle or Classic."

yes, the CATALOG is the key. This means that you can't have streaming music, it's obvios, if you don't have wifi or 3g, 4g.... but in theory you can sync the local files you have in spotify

If you connect you iPod on iTunes it recognises it?

Maybe  your 2nd generation iPod is not compatible "All iPod classic, nano shuffle, except the very early Firewire versions."

Here you can find a guide about how to sync the iPod.

that's the problem, it doesn't recognize nor the 2nd or the 7th.....

If you want to be sure if it is supported or not, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

If I helped you give me some kudos.

If I solved your problem click "Accept as Solution"

It's weird, second generation should work. What version of Spotify are you using on your computer (Help > About)?

7th generation with the lightning connectors are not supported by Spotify I'm afraid due to this bug which will not be fixed:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Nano-6-7th-gen-iPod-isn-t-recognized/idi-p/24...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have also read that 7th gen doesn't work.... it doesn't sound good.....

the version i'm using is the last:

0.9.14.13.gba564ad

I have contacted the support as OviiOne suggested but their first answer hasn't been very usefull.

I have attached a screenshot so you can check everything is ok.

thanks

image.png

i have EXACTLY the same problem, but my iPod is a 4th generation

Suggested posts