Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod stays at one song while syncing tracks for offline play

Solved!

iPod stays at one song while syncing tracks for offline play

Hi,

I don't understand why this is happening; I have an iPod touch (I think 4G) with latest update for Spotify. When I'm syncing my tracks to be available for offline play, it will attempt to sync, but will stick to one song and will not finish syncing that particular song. It can be any song on my playlist, but it just will not finish syncing the song.

Help is needed please!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You'll probably have to contact Spotify support directly for help, but I've been working with them for over a week and the problem continues. I've found some suggestions from other users with the same problem and I've tried them, and some of them work, but I can't make any promises.

1. Try playing one of the songs in the playlist that you're downloading. 

2. Close Spotify while it's trying to sync, then re-open it.

3. In your iOS settings, turn off your WiFi, then turn it back on again. 

This problem, as well as slow sync speeds, and songs not playing at all, are reported by quite a few users. Nobody seems to know what the cause is or how to fix it. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I've been having this same problem on and off for over a week. I have found that if I let the sync continue, the track will finally download and then play. But this can take a long time, 10 to 15 minutes or more. You could leave your device connected to power so it doesn't drain the battery and go do something else while it tries to sync. I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it's worth a shot. 

Good luck! 

I already did that. I've let it sit for hours, and still no progress has been made.
Marked as solution

You'll probably have to contact Spotify support directly for help, but I've been working with them for over a week and the problem continues. I've found some suggestions from other users with the same problem and I've tried them, and some of them work, but I can't make any promises.

1. Try playing one of the songs in the playlist that you're downloading. 

2. Close Spotify while it's trying to sync, then re-open it.

3. In your iOS settings, turn off your WiFi, then turn it back on again. 

This problem, as well as slow sync speeds, and songs not playing at all, are reported by quite a few users. Nobody seems to know what the cause is or how to fix it. 

Suggested posts