Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iTouch not syncing

iTouch not syncing

Premium user.

First sync to iTouch worked perfectly - well over 1,000 tracks. Added new playlist to PCs, some of the newer playlists sync to the iTouch, some don't. The PC Spotify recognizes the iTouch changes the usage on the iTouch from fully synced to not fully synced  - randomly. The playlist does sync, but NOT in offline mode - Spotify display seems confused as to the storage usage on the iTouch, switching from what would be the usage is offline was established and not established - crazy

To test sync, I switch from manual back to all... the sync all restarts but fails on 1 track syncing. Added a playlist yesterday, it synced, the others remain as Pending...sooooo frustrating.

BTW, space on the iTouch is not a problem.

Solution? Anyone?

11 Replies

When you say space isn't a problem, you have over 500MB free?

Eh...I have 40+GB free... its a 64GB iTouch

Showoff 🙂 

Could you try the few steps in this post. If they don't help, I recommend a clean reinstall fo spotify on your touch. The bad news is that you'll need to resynch all your music 😞

Having tried all options - switching on off, deleting playlist, and selectively  manually syncing, I tried resyncing with a different speed by altering the Spotify setting on the iTouch - will post the result of this action  in due course - when all playlists have hopefully resynced - 4700 tracks 🙂

Spoiler
OK... I think I have got to the bottom of this problem, and I hope someone from Spotify sees this post...
Spoiler

Spoiler
Here goes. Spotify is reading the WRONG amount of available memory on my iTouch. The iTouch is reporting 27GB available, but Spotify seems to stop offline syncingwhen exactly half of the available meory is reached. Instead of showing 27GB available, it is showing twice that amount is used and then stops offlining.
Spoiler
I tested this by deleting 10 playlists, and suddently ten pending playlist when automatically synched.
Spoiler

Spoiler
The problem is NOT syncing, rather the amount of available space Spotify is seeing on the iTouch...it loses half of the available space when exaclt twice as much is available - this looks like a programming bug, or a misinterpretation of what the iTouch is reporting.

OK... I think I have got to the bottom of this problem, and I hope someone from Spotify sees this post...

OK. Could you report this using the online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Here goes. Spotify is reading the WRONG amount of available memory on my iTouch. The iTouch is reporting 27GB available, but Spotify seems to stop offline syncing when exactly half of the available memory is reached. Instead of showing 27GB available, it is showing twice that amount is used and then stops offlining

I tested this by deleting 10 playlists, and suddently ten pending playlist then automatically synched.

The problem is NOT syncing, rather the amount of available space Spotify is seeing on the iTouch...it loses half of the available space when exacly twice as much is available - this looks like a programming bug, or a misinterpretation of what the iTouch is reporting

@irishspot -- I think the Spotify storage thing as acting as intended, it's just not syncing the amount you're expecting.

There's a 3,333 track limit per device (which is about 12-14GB roughly), so syncing will inevitably stop at around half of that 27GB space you've got. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Yep...that's the figure alright, 3,333. But of course that begs the question. Why the limit on offline? Why pay for a limited service?

Just switch back to Apple to use up the available memory - wonder how the Spotify marketing guys would react to that suggestion 🙂

Suggested posts