Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ios- Failed to start the Spotify music when Google Assistant to command :play music with Spotify .

ios- Failed to start the Spotify music when Google Assistant to command :play music with Spotify .

Plan

Free 

Country

HK

Device

iPhone 8 plus 

Operating System

iOS13.3

My Question or Issue

I comman to Google Assistant to play music with Spotify. Then the Spotify APP is open.At the same time the Spotify jump to Safari and try to open the address:

https://open.spotify.com/internal/pullcontext. As the result ,this address can not be open.It say: Sorry,couldn't find that. And the Spotify can not auto play music.

无标题.png
5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Also have the exact same issue.

Plan: Premium
Device: iPhone 11 Pro
Operating System: iOS 13.3

Spotify version: 8.5.41.669

I've also the same issue.
Already reinstalled the app, restarted my device but still this issue.

Iphone 7
iOS: 13.5.1
Spotify version: 8.5.60.881

Also have the exact same issue.

Device: iPhone 11
Operating System: iOS 13.6

Spotify version: 8.5.70.950

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out 🙂

The steps that @Loxer a a really good troubleshooting starting point. If that doesn't fix things it would seem like something is preventing voice commands from recognizing the app. Could you check if Spotify has all necessary permissions activated? Just go to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions for Android and Settings >Privacy>Spotify for iOS and allow everything you see there. Make sure to restart your device afterwards. This is a simple, but often overlooked step.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts