Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

How do I stop Spotify from constantly deleting my downloads on my iPhone? My only available connection is barely 1mbps so I have to download with my mobile data. Been having this problem since 2017 but I have now migrated to a country with terrible internet connection so it's become a hassle which I am no longer willing to tolerate.

Edit: Just had my entire library deleted even though I didn't choose to delete any of my devices, I am still constantly connected to the internet via mobile data but not wi-fi, downloads with cellular is off most of the time because it'd use up my quota. 

5 Replies

Hey @meetdapete, help's here!

That doesn't sound right! I recommend checking out the steps under: 'Downloads unexpectedly removed' on this page: https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline-troubleshooting/. Those steps should help here. Be sure not to forget the reinstall step listed at the bottom. Let me know how you get on!

Have a great day!
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's alright, I am also not willing to redownload all of my songs as I need my phone to work. I am guessing there is still no permanent fix for this? I noticed there are others who keep having the same problems. 

Hi there @meetdapete,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your downloads.

On iPhone, Spotify saves downloaded music in an encrypted form on your device’s storage. If you need more room for a new download, iOS automatically frees up space by deleting any unused stored data. If no more stored data can be deleted, you need to free up space by manually removing downloaded tracks.

If you're not willing to perform a clean reinstall of the app, which would remove any corrupted app data that might be causing the issue, but also your downloaded songs, the only option left would be to enable Automatic updates and wait for a fix in one of the upcoming versions.

You can also try What you can try is logging in with a friend's account and check whether the app behaves in the same way and keeps deleting the files. This will give you some insights if the issue is related to your account or the device itself.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The exact problem is happening to my new iPhone 12 Pro.

I am assuming the problem is that Spotify only detects connectivity to Wi-fi as being “online” and not including mobile data connection, I have little access to Wi-fi so my phone is usually only on mobile data.

This has forced me to enable downloads with mobile data, is there a permanent fix because this common problem has been occurring for years

Hi there @meetdapete,

Thank you for your post in this thread. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if the same thing happens if you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts