lancelmc22

Solved!

Re: lancelmc22

lancelmc22
Music Fan

Hi Jeremy,

The Spotify version on my iPhone is 8.5.85.836.

I did a “clean reinstall” not a “regular reinstall” and the issue is still there.

I also tried a different internet connection and that did not fix the problem.

Could you provide a video link so that we can recreate the issue on video and send it you?

Jeremy

Hey @lancelmc22,

Can you also let us know if you have any sort of "cleaning" apps installed? If so, try setting Spotify as an exception if possible, then do a clean reinstall again and see if that works better?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nir888
Gig Goer
"If that doesn't do the trick - can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?"
I already got to try with another internet connection and the problem remained.
The only thing I can say for sure is that once the problem exists the window of creating a new list looks different

Nir888
Gig Goer

The window looks large and out of proportion

IMG_0007.PNG

lancelmc22
Music Fan

I do not have any “cleaning” apps installed on my device.

Mihail

Hey @Nir888 and @lancelmc22,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The fact that the first clean reinstall solved the issue, albeit temporarily points that there may be something interfering with the integrity of the app files. Could you double check that Spotify has all permissions enabled and is excluded from all battery optimization processes? If you have the option to log in with a friend or family members account or with your own on another device and see if the issue comes up there as well, that would help us a lot in getting to the bottom of this. 

@Nir888 could you also provide the exact Spotify version you're running and the make, model and OS version of your device?

Keep us posted, we'd love to investigate this further!

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Nir888
Gig Goer
Hi Mihail
What do you mean ״excluded from all battery optimization processes?״
My dad has an iPhone 6s and is experiencing exactly the same glitch. We live in different cities so of course the internet connection is different too.
my spotify version is 8.5.85.8.36
iPhone 7 model MN9Y2LL/A
iOS 14.2

Mihail

Hey @Nir888,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Could you please make sure that Low Power Mode is disabled on your iPhone? You can find this option under Settings > Battery. Afterwards give your device a restart, perform one more clean reinstall and let us know if that makes a difference.

Keep us posted, we're always just one reply away 🙂

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

lancelmc22
Music Fan

I don’t use low power mode. Can you please send me the video link so I can send you a video of the issue. Thanks.

Mihail

Hey @lancelmc22,

You can use the Insert Video option in the Post Editor to do this. Just make sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply! 

MihailModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS