Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

last.fm Scrobble not working

Solved!

last.fm Scrobble not working

For several months now Scrobble for last.fm has not been working on my Spotify mobile app.

I have toggled the option, signed in several times, closed the app, deleted and reinstalled the app, but still no dice.

My phone is completely online when I am listening to music, yet it still refuses to show activity on last.fm.

Is this a problem with last.fm or Spotify? Does anybody have a suggestion on what to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I put Spotify into Offline Mode and then put it online again, and that seemed to do it!

Scrobble is working great on my phone now. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I'd say make a last.fm test account and use that one (1)

then we might know if it's account related or not

Since you say (2) it means it worked before, right? Any software updates or major thing done/changed at about that time on your phone?

What versions of Android + spotify are you using?

(1) also choose a simple pwd for that to make sure it's not something with typing in wrong pwd

(2) "For several months now Scrobble for last.fm has not been working"

It has worked for over a year on my phone. 

I have ios 8 and the latest version of Spotify. 

With all the updates to iPhones, it is a little hard to pinpoint when or which upgrade happened that coincides with my phone's problem. 

I'll try making another account, but I know that it's not the password being typed in wrong as I have double checked it on the phone and online several times to make sure. 

The scrobble for my desktop Spotify is working great. 

Marked as solution

I put Spotify into Offline Mode and then put it online again, and that seemed to do it!

Scrobble is working great on my phone now. 

yay, happy scrobbling 🙂

For anyone else who sees this, I was having the same problem. Toggling Offline Mode on and off didn't fix it, but toggling Private Session on and off did.

Scrobble won't work on my computer after I installed the last.fm app on my android phone. (Yes, last.fm app is up and running / access given) Was working just fine before.. . So now I have to play spotify on my phone, then connect and play with my computer as a device, but when my phone screen goes dark the scrobbles stop after a while.

Suggestions?

I have had the same problem for months. I tried switching Private Session and Offline Mode on/off, but neither solved the problem for me. What DID work for some reason, was erasing my Last.fm credentials on the Spotify app, and typing in the wrong password. I then typed in the correct one, refreshed Last.fm, and everything is working again.

Wow! this totally worked for me! I had tried everything stated above and nothing worked but erasing my credentials and typing them again and again DID it for me too. Thanks for sharing!!

That isn't working for me 😕 It's on this screen
IMG_0117.PNG

This worked for me today, thank you!

On iOS 11.1 (beta 5 - BUILD 15B93) + Spotify version 8.4.24

I tried toggling private session, offline mode and last.fm scrobbling but what WORKED for me was entering the wrong password into the last.fm password field. After a prompt came up to tell me that it was incorrect, I input the right password and scrobbling resumed successfully.

I did these in succesion:

1. toggled offline mode - no avail

2. toggled private session - no avail

3. input wrong password, then cleared username and password and re-entered correct credentials - SUCCESS

I couldn't get mine to work, but I did the same as you and in the same order & it is scrobbling perfectly now! Thanks!

I've tried all of the above short of deleting and reinstalling the spotify app and nothing... All my scrobbles from last night are there but none from today are going through... help? 😞

You said it yourself. Try reinstalling Spotify.

Suggested posts