Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

latest update: ALL OF THE BUGS

latest update: ALL OF THE BUGS

The iPhone app got an update sometime last week/over the weekend, and since then it's had a lot of problems.  The app freezes when I try to scroll through my playlists.  It randomly stops playing songs (instead of going to Song B when Song A is over, it'll just stop playing even though the time elapsed in the song is still going up.  I just noticed that many of the songs that I spent DAYS trying to sync with my desktop are now no longer synced, and when I tried to figure out what was wrong with them, it crashed my phone twice in a row.

Help?

"my mind is in my work, but my heart is on the dance floor."
3 Replies

Do the playlists that make your phone freeze have any local files in them? (MP3s)

I've seen a few other reports about the playlist freeze if the playlist contains local files.

Also, there is currently a bug that is causing local files to unsync after an update. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

A few days later I stopped having the phone freezing issue, and I went ahead and re-synced all of the songs that were having issues.  

But to answer your question, yes, just about all of my playlists have local files.

Thanks!

Ok, new-ish issues.

The play queue on my iPhone has been going haywire lately. Sometimes when I search for a particular song in a playlist and queue it, playback stops completely after 2 or 3 songs, or those 2 or 3 songs start playing again. When I check the queue, only those 2 or 3 songs are listed, where several songs were listed before. Other times, a huge list of songs will be in the queue, but there will also be some spaces that are completely blank with no song info.

There's also the issue that I've had off and on since upgrading to premium, of playback stopping without warning. Sometimes the ticker for time left in the song will still be moving but the song doesn't actually play until I hit the "back" button; sometimes I have to restart the app.

As far as I can tell, this problem and the others I've listed are not specific to local files. I don't think theyre related to my internet connection either, but I'm not 100% convinced that it isn't. And I'm pretty sure they only happen on my iPhone and not my iPad or computer. It's kind of annoying when this happens during personal use, but also because sometimes I provide music for class parties (nothing fancy, but still, the app needs to work so I can give the people what they want--easier to use my phone for this stuff because I can stream over cellular if needed).

Also, sort of related: is there any way to see the list of queued songs in the iPad app?

Thanks!

Suggested posts