Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

listening to playlists on my ipad

Solved!

listening to playlists on my ipad

spotify won't play my playlists (online) on my ipad.  I have spotify on my pc and my ipad.  The ipad picks up my playlists and lists them correctly.  When I try to play them it just switches to some radio feature that it thinks I might like - it won't play through my playlists (even though is pulls them up with all the songs correctly).  Is there a solution?

thanks,

Walter

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@wr wrote:

no I don't, but I don't need it on my PC - I just listen to whatever I want while I'm sitting there.  I don't want to listen offline, just use the ipad in the same way I use my PC.

Unfortunately, Spotify Premium is required to listen to your playlists on any mobile device including tablets.

Spotify free customers in the USA can use Spotify mobile radio for free, but if you want to listen to your own playlists you need a premium subscription.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have a premium subscription? 

Peter

Peter

no I don't, but I don't need it on my PC - I just listen to whatever I want while I'm sitting there.  I don't want to listen offline, just use the ipad in the same way I use my PC.

Marked as solution

@wr wrote:

Unfortunately, Spotify Premium is required to listen to your playlists on any mobile device including tablets.

Spotify free customers in the USA can use Spotify mobile radio for free, but if you want to listen to your own playlists you need a premium subscription.

Peter

Peter

Well that stinks! What is the point in having another radio program? Spotify's coolness is in the lists, not in being just another radio.

I agree. The premium service is totally worth the subscription.

I really have to pay for a premium subscription to listen to a playlist on my phone? Guess I've been furiously tapping the screen of my phone like a retard for the past half hour because you guys are a bunch of cheapskates. Thanks for nothing you **bleep**s.

Surely a cheapskate is someone who wants something for free and then has the gall to complain about the service they're not paying for?

Suggested posts