Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

i opened spotify this morning and it looked like this instead of how it usually looks which is more spread out and the buttons are larger. I thought this HUD was only associated with free accounts because my friends with free accounts had some form of this. it happened a few days ago also and i thought the app was just confused or something but i just force closed the app or whatever you call it and it went away. it’s really annoying and now to see my queue or to repeat the song i have to press the three dots THEN press repeat or see queue. this really sucks because I like the other hud a lot and this one is just harder to use because the smaller play/pause button and having to do extra steps to repeat and see queue. 

Also, this is totally unrelated but can you guys make a way to make a playlist from your queue because sometimes i make queues and i realize they’re really good and i want to make them into a playlist but i can’t, i’ve seen a lot of other people ask for this as well and it would be pretty awesome so please take this into consideration.

CFF0B454-6B4B-472B-9733-9812BA0F1B42.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @noahjoon21, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

In this case if you don't like this change to Spotify I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @noahjoon21, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

In this case if you don't like this change to Spotify I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Thanks! 🙂

Agreed, I hate when platforms like Spotify change everything without asking. I want my play queue back

If you would like to see the repeat and queue button moved back, please like this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Return-repeat-and-queue-buttons-to-Now-Playing-scree...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

u can get it back just press the dots on the left

1. Can anyone help me with this track list??
  2. Why does it look like this? is there a way to change it?
E4E7336E-2FAB-4D1C-B39E-4245492B6A01.png

Hey @missrachael123,

Thank you for your post.

If you're a Premium user - we suggest that you log out and then back in.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you try to reinstall the app to see if the issue persists?

After you've reinstalled the app - can you let us know which Spotify version you have?

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That’s how the track list is supposed to look like with free account. 

Suggested posts