Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops every 10 seconds

music stops every 10 seconds

Premium family plan

IOS14.2

Iphone XR, Dell Laptop, Ipad

Music stops playing every 10 sec.  Tried logging out and back in.  Tried CLEAN erase and reload of app.  My family members accounts are working only my main account is doing this.  Does this on WIFI or Cellular.  Does this on CarPlay also.  I'm about to cancel my account as i have been wasting time on this dumb thing all week trying to get it to work.

7 Replies

Hey @Wyoexplorer,

Welcome to the Community. Thanks for reaching out about this, we'll do our best to help you sort this out.

Would you mind letting us know if any of your family members can replicate this issue when they log into their account using your device? Does it work when you log into your account from another device?

Also, did you make sure to follow these steps when performing a clean reinstall of the app? They can be very helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing this issue.

Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This happens to me from any of my devices. Computer, phone, and iPad all do the same thing. My family members state they are unaffected and their devices work fine.

Hi again @Wyoexplorer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure that you're not using battery saving/task killing apps, as these could cause issues with Spotify's cache. 

Also, could you let us know if any of your family members tried logging into their account from your device? Does your account work fine in their devices? This will help us see if the issue is related to the account itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mario Moderator

It’s a family plan so my understanding is they use my email, etc to log in. I work far from home for weeks at a time and do it have the ability to have them log in on my devices.

Hi @Wyoexplorer

Thanks for your reply.

Not to worry. Keep in mind that the Family plan is made for up to 6 members and all of them should have their own personal account in order to receive your invitation and enjoy the benefits from this subscription.

This will also prevent users from interrupting others while listening to music using the same account. You'll find the steps to send the invites to your family members here.

Let us know if you notice any difference when you're the only one logged into your personal account.

We'll be right here.

Mario Moderator

So I changed the password last night and was waiting for others to tell me they could not get access but that has not happened yet....I was basically trying to for them to log out.

Hey @Wyoexplorer,

Thanks for taking the time to try what we suggested.

In this case, we'd recommend logging out everywhere following the steps you'll find here.

If this doesn't work and you're still experiencing issues with your music, send us the exact OS version of your devices and the Spotify version you're currently running in all of them. We'll take a deeper look at it.

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts