Free

Country

US

Device

(iPod Touch)

Operating System

(iOS 10.)

My Question or Issue

So i try to play music and keep getting the warning: “Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device.”

I tried the usual magic tricks (restarting device, signing out, re-installing, etc.), and none f them worked

Can someone help me?

7 Replies

Hey @Semijak, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know the device name and iOS version you're on currently? You can check by going to Settings > General > About.

Also, can you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown and what you're trying to do in some more detail? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a 6th Generation IPod Touch on version 12.4.5

Below is what I get when I try to play a song

D3BEC8D8-6F36-4EE1-9015-4A8999FCE387.png

Hey @Semijak,

Thanks for the screenshot. This happens whenever you search for and try to play a song? Or, are you trying to paste a link into the search bar?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey!

Make sure the app is fully updated and that your device is as well. If they are, or if the problem still occurs after updating, please reach out to the Spotify support. They're always available when you need them via Twitter or Facebook

Hope this works out for you.

Best,

Zeventine

I can play my playlists perfectly fine, but when I search a song it gives me that warning

NOTE: i updated my device but it changed nothing 

is there a solution for this?

I do not have either of those social media platforms, so if someone could please help me.

Suggested posts