Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

need to stay offline

need to stay offline

Hi guys,

once songs are downloaded are they played offline even if I don´t use the offline mode?

And if yes, what happens after 30 days? Does an automatic download start to refresh - which I´d like to avoid to happen when I´m not connected to a wifi.

Thanks a lot

2 Replies

Hey @boettge,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your questions here.

Once music is downloaded with Spotify, it'll be playable offline (i.e. playable without an active internet connection) only in Offline Mode.

It'd be great to take a look at this support site article to get to know more about downloading songs for offline listening and about the Offline Mode on Spotify.

If you downloaded songs for offline listening but you don't go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you downloaded for offline listening are removed from your device.

You can find out more about this by reading the support site article you'll find here and, in particular, the section 'Why do I need to go online every 30 days?'.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

thanks for coming back. Actually I meant sth different.

When I stay in the online mode (which I´d like to do for several reasons) does the Spotify app play the downloaded music offline anyway, meaning without using an internet connection?
And if it does (which means I could stay in the online mode all the time) what happens after 30 days, an automatic download to refresh my music? I just want to avoid that a download starts automatically when I´m not connected to a WiFi (it´s because I don´t have a moblie data flatrate on my phone and would prefer just to run download in a WiFi)

Hope I could make it clearer now. ?

Best + thanks

Suggested posts